Researching a developer when buying off the plan
What kind of research should you do before you purchase an off-plan property? It falls into two categories - research to make sure you're buying the right property for you, and also research to make sure you get a quality product.
Before you decide to buy an off plan property, do some research to compare the development to others on the market. How does it match up? Look at:
- Completion time
- The size of the apartment (floor space varies considerably even with the same number of bedrooms)
- Complex amenities like a gym, pool or sauna
- Security features
How do I research a developer or builder?
- Look online. All reputable developers and builders will have a detailed website with past projects.
- Speak to the agent about what experience the developer has and details of their other projects.
- Visit other developments. Especially if the developer has been in the business a long time, it’s worth visiting older developments to see how they’re holding up after 20+ years.
Did this help?
Visit our complete guide to buying off plan video series
Thinking of buying off the plan?
Sign up to our VIP mailing list for info on off-plan properties before they hit the market and our top buying off-plan tips.
Sign up for our VIP mailing list
Enter your details to receive monthly updates on brand new off-plan properties, hot tips on buying off-plan, and VIP access to property viewings and offers.