9 Santa Gertrudis Place
Unique country retreat on a 7,943m2 (2 acre) block with rural views & self-sustainable living*THIS PROPERTY IS AVAILABLE TO VIEW BY PRIVATE INSPECTION ONLY.
This delightful Mud brick home nestled away in the beautiful town of Murrumbateman is perfect for anyone looking to escape to the country & embrace a laid-back lifestyle without being too far from Canberra. With stunning gardens & rural views from every window, you will enjoy the tranquillity of this Murrumbateman location, without sacrificing the convenience of Village proximity & commuter convenience.
Located on a huge 7,943m2 block, this property has endless potential to create your own hidden paradise. With 2 paddocks separate from the house yard you can buy all the farm animals you’ve ever dreamed of.
Upon entering you are welcomed by exposed hardwood ceilings & beautiful blackbutt timber flooring throughout. The living areas encompass endless natural light & gorgeous country views with mature trees offering the privacy you crave & serenity you’ve always dreamed of. The country kitchen is perfect for any gourmet chef with ample storage, Miele oven & ceramic cooktop, even a service window making it perfect for entertaining guests in the alfresco area. The living area opens onto a sun-drenched covered alfresco, offering endless potential to create your dream entertaining area. From the main living area, you can sit & enjoy the sweeping elevated views over the ranges, or perhaps step outside onto alfresco area, what a better way to spend your mornings or afternoon taking in the country air. In winter we have you covered with the outdoor pizza oven & the solid brick Russian contraflow fireplace inside, after a long cold day you can make gourmet pizzas & sit by the fire with a glass of wine. The master room is located downstairs with ample wardrobe space. You can wake up in the morning & walk out onto the patio, looking out to the green paddocks. The bathroom is conveniently located next to the master room with a double vanity & the toilet & shower being separate, it’s perfect for someone who needs to use the amenities & still have privacy.
Upstairs you will find 2 rooms which are currently set up as a home office & workshop area. Both rooms could easily be converted into bedrooms or left as an office space. This home is perfect for someone with a home business that wants to live from the land, you will never want to leave!
This home is environmentally friendly & has solar hot water & electricity. The mud bricks moderate the temperature, keeping the house cool in summer & warm in winter. You will love overall comfort, plus saving money on electricity & hot water bill. For anyone that loves fresh fruit & veggies the potential is endless, you will be amazed with what’s on offer. Walking into the orchard you will find raspberries, blackberries, elderberries, sultana grapes, gooseberries, blueberries, cherries, figs, apricots, peaches, mulberries & boysenberries, olives, apples and plums, just to name a few. If veggies are your thing you will find permanent plantings of medicinal & culinary herbs, artichokes, garlic, the list is endless.
Murrumbateman village offers a real opportunity to live in a unique country lifestyle whilst being a part of a vibrant, cultured & diverse community. Why not make the change & live a happy, relaxing life in the rural community of Murrumbateman, just a short 35-minute drive from the heart of Canberra? Murrumbateman also is the proud home of several award-winning wineries so why not pop out for some lunch & a wine & check out your future town.
Homes like this don’t come on the market often, so if this is the house you’ve been waiting for give us a call to book in a private appointment!
• Custom designed mud brick home
• Environmentally friendly
• Low Allergen/ minimal paints used & unprocessed timber
• Natural, self-sufficient, organic living
• Miele electric oven
• Electric ceramic cook top
• Walk in Pantry & ample storage in kitchen
• Ariston dishwasher
• High exposed rafter ceiling throughout
• Main bedroom with double wardrobe
• Main bathroom with double vanity, separate shower & toilet
• Blackbutt hardwood flooring throughout
• Contraflow Russian fireplace (+/- 40% saving on firewood)
• Open plan living
• European style laundry under stairwell
• Office space/workshop upstairs
• Storage room upstairs
• Ceiling fans upstairs
• All Double-glazed windows, including shed windows.
• NBN available
• Mature Cypress trees on street frontage & boundary of the property creating private rural views
• 4 car garage with 2 x car port
• Full Bathroom in shed & reverse cycle air conditioner
• PV panels 3.0kw Evacuated tube solar hot water system
• Covered alfresco area
• Pizza oven
• Sheep yard & ramp
• 3 x 3m mudbrick garden shed
• 6 x 4m shade house
• 3 x 4m polycarb greenhouse
• 6m shipping container
• 77,000 litre water tank +2x9500L tanks – total 96,000L water storage
• Mature & productive permanent plantings - Walnut, pine nut, elderberry, sultana grapes, gooseberries, raspberries, blueberries, 3 Cherry trees, fig, apricot, pumpkin, peach, 3 apples, 2 plums, mulberry, 2 hazelnut, asparagus, boysenberry, olive trees
• Organic history - no herbicides have been used in 10 years