18 MacIntyre Place
For Sale: Auction 03/02/2022
Remarkable residence brimming with space, versatility and privacy
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PERTAINING TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE:
We are working with the current ACT government directive to protect your health and that of our community.
Nestled in the peace of a cul-de-sac, this single level residence promises space and privacy for first time buyers, downsizers or upsizers seeking a change from apartment living. The open plan living areas are set well away from the bedrooms and harness the natural light through glass sliding doors at both sides. A covered entertaining area with drop-down blinds amplifies the layout and extends the living options, while a meals area opens off the well-appointed kitchen which boasts stainless steel appliances and a brand new electric cooktop.
Parents will appreciate the large main bedroom offering an updated ensuite with heat lamps. Direct alfresco access through a sliding door from the main bedroom highlights the green yard and captures the breeze. A triple built-in wardrobe with adjustable shelving offers endless storage and hanging space. New carpets come with all bedrooms and full-height windows in the remaining two bedrooms draw the eye to the backyard. A built-in wardrobe is fitted in the second bedroom.
A large separate laundry features cupboard and bench space for folding washing. It offers external access and internal two-way access connecting the kitchen with the updated main bathroom complete with a new shower screen, resurfaced bath, vanity and new cabinet with concealed storage.
A freestanding multi-purpose structure in the yard which is fully enclosed and insulated and comes complete with three-phase power and lighting, offering brilliant potential as a teen retreat, rumpus, gym, artist studio or home office. With roller entry doors at the front and rear, this is a versatile space that's a dream addition for growing families or tradies needing more secure space for their equipment.
Entertain, work or tinker in a choice of alfresco spaces. The paved entertaining area and fully enclosed yard are a safe space for kids and pets to play. A dedicated aquaponics shed with fishponds and plants creates perfect symbiosis to grow your own veggies organically. Built-in shelving in the workshop at the rear of the double carport make a roomy man cave or place to store tools, and if you need even more storage, there is a large shipping container which can be included in the sale or removed at your request.
The Charnwood shops are literally through your back gate offering shopping and restaurants just moments away for the ultimate convenience. Schools, playing fields and parks are close by, promising a comfortable lifestyle with everything you need on your doorstep. Available for immediate occupation yet flexible settlement options also on offer, we can accommodate your requirements to get you settled in the new year in your new abode.
- Single level, free-standing home
- Open plan living areas internally plus external multipurpose living space
- Living zones connect to outside alfresco entertaining which can be semi-enclosed with drop down awnings
- Generous sized kitchen has a Westinghouse oven, an abundance of cabinets, brand new electric cooktop, rangehood, dishwasher
- Updated main bathroom with full sized bathtub, separate shower and separate toilet room
- Main bedroom has new sliding door robes, access out to the rear verandah & a updated ensuite
- Fresh paint throughout, near new carpets in living zone, timber-look flooring in kitchen and meals area
- Fantastic storage options inside and out
- Large, separate laundry room with exterior access and 2-way access internally
- Wall-mounted TV included with sale (if the price is right)
- Secure mesh security screens for all windows and external doors
- Ducted gas heating plus reverse cycle air conditioning unit in living area
- Upgraded lighting through-out (German brand with multiple lighting settings)
- Quiet cul de sac location with no neighbours to the rear
- Rear gate access to the local Charnwood shops
- Gated entry with driveway parking for multiple vehicles
- Insulated workshop/shed with front and rear doors, lights and power at rear of metal carport which has a remote controlled double panel-lift door
- Storage shed to rear of double carport to right side of home
- Shipping container can either stay or be taken away by the current owners
- Room for the boat or caravan or trailer
- Pull down awnings over full-length patio at rear of home
- Paved rear entertaining area
- Fantastic grassed yard for the kids and pets to play
- Established gardens with additional aqua-ponics set up for your fresh organic herbs and vegies
- 250L electric hot water system only 18 months old
The Numbers (approx):
- Living area: 119m2
- Block size: 992m²
- Carport & toolshed: 54m2
- Freestanding carport with remote garage door: 36m2
- Insulated metal garage/shed: 46m2
- Age: 40 years (built 1981)
- Unimproved land value: $266,000 (2020)
- General rates: $2,208 p.a.
- Water rates: $742 p.a.
- Land tax (investors only): $2,825 p.a.
- Conservative rental estimate (unfurnished): $600/wk
- EER (Energy Efficiency Rating): 4.5 stars with the potential for 6 stars
To help buyers, we offer the following as part of our Friendly Auction System:
-Written and verbal buyer price guides, which are updated throughout the campaign.
- A digital brochure with everything to consider a purchase, including the full contract and bidding strategy video (request this by email).
- We refer a solicitor who can review the contract prior to auction for FREE.
- Same solicitor can provide a FREE Section 17 Certificate to waiver your cooling off if you want to submit a pre-auction offer.
- Pre-auction bidding strategy meeting with auctioneer to discuss the process and establish your gameplan
To get a copy of the digital brochure containing an explanation of our friendly sales campaign and the full contract, please send us an email and note your full name and best contact phone number and it will be automatically sent to you immediately.