12 McGlashan Street
For Sale: Offers Over $1,285,000
Spacious, single level family home overlooking parkland and ponds
IMPORTANT INFORMATION PERTAINING TO COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS) UPDATE:
We are working with the current ACT government directive to protect your health and that of our community.
The main bedroom is to die for with custom fitted out walk in robe, an open bath and a separate ensuite with 2 vanities and a massive shower with seat. This room is separated from the other 4 bedrooms at the rear for peace and privacy.
The main living space and kitchen are in the middle of the home, the ultra-high ceilings, feature fan, built in study desk, not to mention the huge fish tank with 3 resident pets will have all your friends talking and you need to be ready for lots of guests when this is your new address. The easy flow on a single level from this living space to the outside alfresco entertaining space has also been thoughtfully considered and the provision is here for a full outdoor kitchen in need be.
All 4 other bedrooms are very generous in size, have custom built in robes, a wall mounted TV bracket and they share the main bathroom with its custom, extra long vanity with dual sinks and a large shower recess. Also in this part of the home you will find the second living area with built in cabinetry and sliding door access to the alfresco area, this would make a great home theatre or rumpus room. Even the laundry has a hidden benefit of recessed stairs that take you to the roof cavity for those extra items you only use occasionally, not that you might need this space with how much additional storage options are in the laundry alone.
All of this positioned in a quiet part of the Suburb on a level block overlooking natural reserve and ponds where the kids might make a habit of feeding the ducks on the way home from the local Margaret Hendry school, no need to be driven it's a short walk even on a cold Winters morning. For families, having walkways and paths through the suburb, an adventure playground, an oval & ponds mean ample recreational options are literally on your doorstep. The nearby 7 Eleven service station & Casey Marketplace (featuring Supabarn & Aldi) are a 3-minute drive away as are the Ngunnawal shops
To get a copy of the digital brochure containing an explanation of our friendly sales campaign and the full contract, please send us an email and note your full name and mobile number and it will be automatically sent to you immediately.
- Positioned on a corner block opposite reserve and pond
- Fully single level floorplan and completely free-standing, separate title home
- High ceilings & double-glazed windows and doors
- Located in the quieter part of the Taylor on a flat block, minutes stroll to sport grounds, playgrounds, ponds and Margaret Hendry School, future BAPS temple which is opposite Devenish St park.
- Flexible settlement options available if you have another property you want, or need, to sell
- Vacant possession and quick occupation available if you want to move in quickly
- We can refer a solicitor who will provide a free contract review service and free section 17 document if you wish to submit an unconditional offer
- All buyers' offers and terms will remain confidential to retain privacy for each party
The Numbers (approx):
-Living area: 208 m²
-Garage: 41 m²
-Land size: 482m2
-Age: less than 2 years (building completed September 2020)
-General rates: $1,394 p.a.
-Water & sewerage rates: $672 p.a.
-Land tax (investors only): $1,633 p.a.
-Conservative rental estimate (unfurnished): $1,000/wk
-EER (Energy Efficiency Rating): 6 stars
- NBN connected with FTTP (box located in garage)
- Zoned and ducted reverse cycle air conditioning system
- LED downlighting throughout
- Custom storage options in hall opposite entry from garage for kids shoes, school bags etc.
- Spectacular open-plan kitchen with stone benchtop plus timber section on island bench, pendant lighting, 4 burner electric cooktop, externally ducted rangehood, 2 dishwasher draws, electric oven and integrated convection microwave, double bowl sink, ample storage cupboards and soft close pot draws, double door fridge and freezer
- Expansive open-plan family and dining space in middle of home with high raked ceilings, remote operated ceiling fan, built in desk for work from home options plus sliding door access to alfresco
- Huge feature fish tank with overhead heat lamps, lighting, full water filtration system and 3 resident fish (Stone fish, Lion fish and Spotted Cod)
- Second living area at back of home off bedrooms 4 and 5 which is a multipurpose space with built in storage options and sliding door access to alfresco
- Main bedroom features, full length window, pendant lighting, wall mounted TV bracket, walk in robe with custom shelving and draws, open bath. Privacy ensured with no walls are shared with other bedrooms
- Separate ensuite with dual custom designed vanities and joinery including mirrored storage cabinets, stone tops, heat lamps, full height tiling, toilet, black tapware and large shower with seat and dual shower heads.
- Bedrooms 2, 3, 4 and 5 are all at the rear of the home away from the main bedroom and all generous size with custom built in robes and wall mounted TV brackets
- Main bathroom located at the rear of the home features large shower with dual shower heads and frameless screens, with custom vanity offering dual sinks and stone tops, mirrored storage above, heat lamps, separate toilet room next door
- Laundry with built-in sink, stone benchtop and ample storage over, under-bench space for washing machine and dryer, full wall linen cupboard, external access to clothesline
- Access to loft with additional roof storage located in laundry with drop down ladder